Sunday, May 15, 2011

Sharing feels good

   It seems to me that blogging is very popular these days. My co-workers is following some fashion blogs and I thought to myself - "those people have nothing to do with their time besides blogging?". So at first I was thinking that this blog thing as a class activity was a weird idea. I have never had a blog in my life and the chances that I would ever get one were very slim.
   What should I write? What language is appropriate for the blogging? What kind of people are my classmates? Would they like to read my posts or would they not? What this will give me besides 20% of my grade? These kind of questions were rising in my mind every time there was an assignment.Nevertheless with every new blog entry my questions were answered.
   With every new entry it became more of a fun game, where you can go home and right about things that you couldn't say in class or maybe just enough time past to reevaluate your thoughts. Especially after the extra credit assignment it became a piece of a cake and did seem a a drag anymore. The fact that this is was not an every week assignment made it much more enjoyable. Plus, blogging it just so much more better then a standard, boring assignment for writing a paper - you don't have to be official and give facts, it is free thoughts expressing.
   Blogging is one of the things that made this class unforgettable for me. I have never experienced such a unique approach of teaching. It definitely helped to learn about people in this class. When there is no time limit then writing about your experiences becomes more honest and more focused.
   Will I continue to write a blog? Now I wish i could, but I don't want to give any promises. But now I understand why people keep posting about their lives, about fashion, about anything what they have in their lives - they just want to share, and sharing feels good.

7 comments:

  1. the blog has surely been wonderful so far. rather than writing a paper we were more casual enough to write on the blogs... plus the no word limit also made it easier...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute picture :) I think too that blogging was much better and maybe more efficient way to do the homework. Different aproach, more freedom to your thoughts, and a new skill to use an appropriate language in public. Just like you, I wasn't to happy to find out that we will have to blog-I'm not that high tech either. But along the way I start to like it. And it was interesting to read your blog. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I have the same thoughts on my blog post as well. I am not a blogging kind of person either, however I enjoy reading other people's blogs because it is fun to share thoughts. I also said that I don't think I would continue blogging after this class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that writing another standard, boring paper would not have been fun! It was refreshing to have something new enter a classroom rather than the same routine we have been doing since the age of 5. It was nice to be able to say how we really feel without being restricted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today is the age of information. It is getting so much that people can only focus on few aspects that available out other. I agree that I never actually follow any blogs at all until I took this class that forced had to put someone on track so that I could reply to and maybe someone actually wrote something that is intriguing to me. I am glad you enjoyed the class also, but final is coming, hope you could pass that with the remaining passion. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well no doubt that writing a paper is pain in neck , at least the blogging you can edited to time to time, also other class mate reading it instead just a professor, but the disadvantage of it is you may not get a comment that bring your attention to a critical though towards you point of view .In most of time ,it is just a casual observation about one's writing. I do believe that the blogging still is one of the learning factors to students in subject like management, but it is not an effective tool of communication between students.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You clearly explained the situation:) there is nothing to say about that. I thought it is just a unnecessary burden in the beginning, but with every entry I got more into this.
    Let's have some Raki and appetizer on Saturday ;)

    ReplyDelete